In 2014 AAHCI launched a cohort of regional offices to provide local representation for its international members. The regional offices aim to promote activities, programs and interests among existing members while also recruiting new members from their respective regions. The offices also serve to provide valuable insight for AAHC, and AAHCI, on key issues and challenges faced in each region in relation to academic health.
Regional office goals:
- Serving as a focal point for AAHCI’s members in the region.
- Assisting with the identification of the specific interests and needs of current, and new, AAHCI members in the region.
- Encouraging cooperation between AAHC and AAHCI members.
- Creating regional networking opportunities.
- Facilitating education programs, data collection and analysis.
- Promoting the exchange and adoption of best practices.
- Endorsing the academic health center concept to governments, industry and the public.
Southeast Asia Regional Office
Hosted by the National University of Singapore
Prof. John Wong, Deputy Chief Executive, National University Health System, Director, National University Cancer Institute, Vice Provost (Academic Medicine)
Prof.Yeoh Khay Guan, Dean, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, Associate Professor, National University Health System
Justine Lai, Senior Executive, Dean’s Office, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS
Wendy Ho, Senior Executive, Dean’s Office, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS
Southeast Asia Regional Office Website
Middle East & North Africa (MENA) Regional Office
Hosted by Hamad Medical Corporation
Eleanor Carter, Assistant Executive Director for HMC
MENA Regional Office Website
European Regional Office
Hosted by Maastricht University
Martin Paul, MD, PhD, President, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Albert Scherpbier, MD, PhD, Professor of Quality Improvement in Medical Education, Dean Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Daniela Trani, PhD, Policy Advisor on Research and Internationalization, Maastricht University
European Regional Office Website